- What is WebMatrix ? <- Click this link
- Microsoft Web Platform Installer (Web PI)
Web PI is a free tool that makes getting the latest components of the Microsoft Web Platform, including Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server Express, .NET Framework and Visual Web Developer easy (example : WebMatrix).
- Double click Web PI installer (*.exe file, example : wpilauncher_3_10.exe), You will see a window that looks like this :
- Click “Add” button beside WebMatrix, and then click the “Install” button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next window click the “I Accept” button.
- The next step wait for the finished installation.
- To complete the installation process click the “Finish” button. You should see a window that looks like this :
- To open Microsoft WebMatrix, Go to Start Menu à All Programs à Microsoft WebMatrix à Microsoft WebMatrix.
- You will see a window that looks like this :
- The options on the Welcome screen support these ways of building a web site:
if you have created the web project by using WebMatrix, your configuration the project could later be seen here.
Site From Web Gallery
The Web Application Gallery (WAG) is a collection of open source web applications written using a variety of technologies, including PHP and ASP.NET. Applications in the WAG give you a great head start – where someone else has written a lot of the code for you and is allowing you to freely use it on your site. WebMatrix makes the process of downloading, installing and configuring this code easy.
Site From Template
If you prefer to write your own code, instead of using the open source applications from the WAG, then this option gives you a great way to start with either an empty web site, or a number of simple template sites that you can customize and change.
Site From Folder
If you have a collection of web files already and you want to edit and run them on a web server quickly, WebMatrix will allow you to do so, simply by pointing it at that folder.
* … Good Luck ! … *