- Docky is an advanced shortcut bar that sits at the edges of your screen.
- Slingscold is a lightweight application launcher, it is look like launchpad of Mac OS X.
2. Install Docky
Docky is included in the official Ubuntu repositories Ubuntu, To install Docky on Ubuntu:
dnd@riyaniezt:~$ sudo apt-get install docky
3. Install Slingscold
To install Slingscold Launcher (With Filter – Not Fullscreen) in Ubuntu, Add the PPA and install using the following commands in the Terminal:
dnd@riyaniezt:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/apps dnd@riyaniezt:~$ sudo apt-get update dnd@riyaniezt:~$ sudo apt-get install slingscold-launcher
4. Add Slingscold Launcher on Docky
- Open Nautilus File Manager
- Browse and locate the Applications directory (/usr/share/applications)
- Search slingcold launcher
- Drag and drop the slingcold launcer in the Docky
Good Luck ! <DnD>