Release date :
- Genymotion 2.0.0 has been released November 13, 2013.
- Genymotion 2.0.1 has been released November 14, 2013.
New Feature :
- New Android Version (4.3),
- New Remote Control widget,
- New Screencast widget,
- Support as well as new features such as drag & drop to copy files and APKs to the virtual device.
Genymotion is a complete set of tools that provides a virtual environment for Android. It can be very useful for developers, testers, salesman or even gamers (Genymotion.com)
Operating Systems Support :
- Linux (All Linux OS),
- Microsoft Windows, and
- MacOS X.
Unfortunately, two features were removed from the latest Genymotion 2.0, due to licensing issues: ARM library support and Google Apps (Google Play Store).
So I have a solution for you!
- In Genymotion create a new device (Ex : Nexus S 4.2.2 API 17).
- Download Google Apps (Universal package) zip file from http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps#Universal_Packages_2 (Ex : For my virtual device I used the latest Universal package (20130301).
- Start the virtual device and once it is up and running drag and drop the zip file in the Genymotion virtual machine.
- Next step, you will get a file flashable dialog click the “ok” button. Then restart the machine and Google Play Store and the other Google apps should be installed:
* … Good Luck ..! … *