Pre installed tomcat, Please see the link :
- Download Tomcat (ex : apache-tomcat-7.0.50-windows-x86.zip).
I recommend “zip” (or “tar.gz”) version, as you could simply delete the entire directory when Tomcat is no longer needed (without running any un-installer).
You are free to move or rename the Tomcat’s installed directory.
- UNZIP into a directory of your choice. I suggest using “C:\“. Tomcat will be unzipped into directory “C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.50“.
- Enable the Tomcat’s manager, inside the elements, Insert on the bottom row (before “” row) in “tomcat-users.xml” following :
<user username="your username" password="your_password" roles="manager-script,admin"/>
- Finally, start a CMD shell and run the commands below to begin the installation. Inside terminal, execute the following command :
> cd C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.50\bin\ > startup.bat
- You’re done. Point your browser to http://localhost:8080 and you should see the Tomcat page: